DASA DevOps Fundamentals
Virutal Instructor Led – Eastern US Time Zone – WEEKENDS
DevOps Fundamentals is the starting point for anyone involved in an Agile and/or DevOps team. Improved workflows and faster deployment start with a core understanding of DevOps fundamentals by all team members.
- 4 (16+ hours) instructor-led virtual sessions
- 1 hour 1:1 Coaching session
- Course eBook, Pre-course and reference materials
- Activities, Assignments & Group discussions
- On-demand digital learning; webinars, blogs, white papers
- Ad-hoc sessions to introduce methods, processes, tools & techniques
- Introduction to Mural and Slack collaboration tools
- Participants will receive the course completion certification confirming 14 hours of Education/Development credits, which could be used towards other designations they have (i.e. PDU and CPD)
What You'll Learn
DASA DevOps Fundamentals-certified professionals are able to:
- Explain the drivers responsible for the emergence of DevOps.
- Define and discuss the key concepts and principles of DevOps.
- List and explain the business benefits of DevOps and continuous delivery.
- Know how teams can translate DevOps principles into tangible practices.
- Learn about modern operations in a DevOps context.
- Explain the concepts of test automation, infrastructure automation, and build and deployment automation.
- Describe how DevOps relates to Lean and Agile methodologies.
- Get insight into the various organizational DevOps models and architectures.
- Identify how Cloud and Delivery pipeline automation optimizes and accelerate the ways of working.
- Discuss the critical success factors for DevOps transformation.
Who Should Take This Course
The DASA DevOps Fundamentals certification adds value to individuals involved in IT development, operations, or service management. Its target audience includes but is not limited to:
- Automation Architects
- Business Managers
- DevOps Engineers
- Enterprise Architects
- Incident and Change Managers
- Integration Specialists
- Network Administrators
- Operations Managers
- Product Owners
- System Administrators
The DASA DevOps Fundamentals™ certification provides the core education necessary to build your DevOps vocabulary and understand its principles and practices. It’s the ideal starting point for DevOps journeys, whether you’re already familiar with working with Agile and/or DevOps teams or not.
Faster software deployment, increased deployment frequency, and higher change success rate are only some of the visible outcomes of practicing DevOps. Organizations such as Netflix, Spotify, and Facebook are transforming IT by successfully implementing DevOps principles. But you don’t have to be big to be a DevOps leader. Companies large and small, young and old, have smoothly made the transition and have the proof of success in their pockets.
This course will inspire you to serve as a change champion by sharing and using what you learned, and continue to learn, about DevOps to lead and mentor others. A solid understanding of DevOps Fundamentals has helped numerous professionals and organizations how to approach a DevOps journey, not only from a tool and automation perspective but also looking in-depth at the softer side of things.
This course provides learners an extensive introduction to the core Agile DevOps principles. It covers all 12 key knowledge and skill competencies defined by DASA to ensure you acquire a solid knowledge of DevOps concepts and terminology. Multiple cases or scenarios, group discussions, and examples are included in the course to enhance your learning experience.
Module 1: Course Introduction
- Let’s Get to Know Each Other
- Group Activity
- Course Overview
- Course Objectives
- Course Agenda
- Case Study: Easy Journey Airways
- Exam Details
Module 2: DevOps – The Context
- DevOps Evolution
- Business Benefits of DevOps
- DevOps Principles
- Goals and Measurements
Module 3: DevOps for Individuals
- From Roles to T-shape DevOps Profiles
- DASA Competence Model
Module 4: DevOps for Teams and Organizations
- Culture and Behavior
- Organizational Models
- Team Autonomy
- DevOps at Scale
Module 5: DevOps Practices
- Continuous Delivery and Automation
- Modern Infrastructure and Cloud
Module 6: The Next Steps
- Analyze the Current Situation
- Improve Incrementally
Agile Transformation Consultant, Lean / Agile Coach, Master Trainer, Senior Program Manager with the results-oriented approach for over 20 years. Continuous achievements in managing projects using traditional and agile methodologies and work closely with the process owners and teams to get the work done. Advocate for agile principles by modeling those principles and values in order to develop a shared mindset across teams as well as between the customer and the team.
John Ruppel is a Transformation Leader / Officer who has been ‘Transforming Your Ideas Into Reality’ (TYIIR) for the world’s leading individuals, organizations and governments. His experiences include: DevOps / DevSecOps, Digital Transformations, CICD, Agile, global disruptive technology development programs, mission-critical critical business initiatives, government programs and operations. He believes in DASA and supports DASA’s global community, philosophy, instruments, and principles.